Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Prayer for Thanks

It seems I've taken a short break from my series of scripture verses regarding prayer. But each of the past few mornings I've felt led to specific prayer, not study. This morning I just want to spend time praising and thanking God for His Presence in my Life. He is working tremendous miracles in the lives of my wife and I every day!

Dear Heavenly Father, I am awed and amazed at Your Power and Glory. Lord, You are present everywhere. I observed a most beautiful sunset yesterday and I thought: You created the sun, moon, and stars.... You made our atmosphere, the air we breathe, night and day, sleep.... You created different languages, cultures, our sense of taste, smell, sight, hearing.... The list is endless. You made everything. It all came from You. And how you packaged everything together to make our life and then how everyone's life is an intricate interwoven fabric.... It is just mind numbing...! None of that could be caused by just chance or coincidence. Your Existence is so obvious that it's difficult to see how anyone could question it.

Lord, more and more as I draw closer to You I realize that You have called me to help make the world more aware of You. To Practice 'Your Presence' at all times... To pray for the needs of others as they arise.... To encourage and motivate those within my sphere of influence.... It's amazing how You reveal Yourself to Your people. Father I just Love You. I thank You for my Life. I thank You for my wife and my family and friends.... I thank You for all the financial blessings, Lord. Somehow, we always have 'just enough' money to get by. Many times it seems there is no way that we'll be able to get to the end of the month with our shirts on but You miraculously provide for us. You have been so 'Faithful' to Monica and I... Just Thank You Lord.

I give My life to You, Lord. Pour me out and use me as You wish, Father. I will follow You where ever You lead. All my efforts are done for Your Glory. Father thank you for my career and for allowing me to touch so many lives through tennis. I love tennis and how healthy it is. America is becoming a very obese society. Playing tennis can help address many health issues because of tennis' physical component. I love how it teaches life skills like honesty, integrity, problem solving... Lord, Thank You for tennis!

Most of all Thank You for Your Gift of Eternal Salvation. I Freely accept that gift and put off my old self and know that by Your Grace I'm a brand new creation! For You said that You make all things New!

Jesus I don't want to always be asking favors. I'm content in You, Lord and all that You have seen fit to bless me with. So I just say Thanks, Lord. And I love You.

And In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen.


No comments: