Thursday, October 14, 2004

Another Year Older...!

You know you're getting old when you can't even remember how old you are! A few weeks ago I reported that I would be 40 in a couple of weeks. Several people reported to me that they thought I was in error and sure enough, I was! I'm only 39 today...! So, sorry... Coach Sam is truly losing his mind...!

Today I have just a prayer. No message other than Rich Mullins' Timeless Phrase:

'...Be God's...'

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You have allowed me to see 39 years of life on this earth. I know I haven't been a good steward of my time, talent, and treasure during all those years but Lord I Thank You for blessing me anyway. As I step into my 40th year I promise to give My Utmost for Your Highest. I will live for You, Jesus. And that will be evident in the way I conduct myself. The words that come out of my mouth, my deeds, and my thoughts will be pure and holy...

I love You, Lord. Your Son laid down his earthly life so that I might have eternal life. That was the greatest gift! But Lord, You have chosen to bless me personally in so many other ways I couldn't begin to do justice to the list.

Thank You for my life. Thank you for my wife and brothers and sisters, parents in law and step son. Dear Lord thank You for my Friends. Thank You for Godly Men like my friend Steve who spent a year of his life discipling me once a week in the TRUTH, Your Word. Thank You for Glenn who sharpens me daily with his word of wisdom. Thank you for the pastoral staff at Clear Creek Communuity Church. Finally Father, Thank You for all my experiences, good and bad, especially the bad. Those experiences have shaped me and made me the man I am today.

But Lord, I know You're not finished with me yet. I am still being crafted by Your Holy Hand. Don't ever stop working on me, Lord. Keep me a 'work in progress' and keep me progressing!

Father, I love You. I give this day, My Birthday, to You. I give my life to You, Lord. And I pledge to make my 40th year of life the most significant and impacting yet!

Lord Jesus, In Your Holy Name I Pray, AMEN.

No comments: