Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Big Question

Hello Friends,

I'm still having a bit of a problem with my Toshiba laptop computer right now so I'm using Monica's Dell this morning. Today's thought for the day lesson will be short. I just want to bring up a question that came up in my small group meeting last Friday.

Our Group is about to start the Forty Days of Purpose series and one of our leaders made a very interesting comment during his over view of the series. He said that when he had previously done this study the question came to him and it hit him right between the eyes as a significantly defining question.

The question is: Who will be in Heaven because of you...? Whose life have You made a difference in that caused that person to give their life to Jesus...?

Certainly, we may not know who all we might be impacting with our witness. And We won't fully know the fruits of our lives until we ourselves get to heaven. But that really is a defining question. I mean, are we even consciously on the radar screen of positively impacting others for Christ?

I know that for myself personally, I waiver somewhere between being Absolutely on Fire for Jesus to just worrying about myself, existing, and trying to survive this crazy, fast paced world. -And that's a pretty wide contrast, I know. But I believe that everyone experiences peaks and valleys in life. We go through seasons. And I'm learning more and more that no matter what we are experiencing that God is always there right next to us. In high or low times, God is there. He is Ever-Present.

So ponder that for a bit today in your musings and quiet time. I think God is really preparing Monica and I for a Great Revelation in the next 40 days. My prayer journal will be closely following the Forty Days of Purpose series and I pray that you will tune in regularly and join me in drawing into a closer relationship with Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You hold the whole world in Your hands. Nothing is out of your reach. You can do all things. Thank You Father for blessing me. Thank you for taking care of my needs abundantly. I love You, Lord.

I ask that You prepare my heart for growth during these next 40 days. I ask for your Holy Spirit to annoint me. Lord, I am aware that my deeds and words are seen and heard by those who I may not even be aware of. Let my words be seasoned with the salt of your truth and my actions be filled with grace.

Lord Jesus, I pray in your name, Amen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam, we are also doing the 40 days at First Baptist, started 10 days ago. Great to hear that Monica has 1. a job 2.doing Christian work! Earl Brown