Thursday, October 28, 2004

Catching Up With The Purpose Driven Life Lesson 9

I'm a little bit behind schedule in my study so I'm going to try to get caught up as quickly as I can...

The Title of Chapter 9 is What Makes God Smile...?

This chapter uses the life of Noah as an illustration. The text of chapter 9 states that in Noah's day the world was totally corrupt and morally bankrupt. God couldn't take it any more so he decided to wipe out humanity. ( -Except for Noah and his family, who were the only people left on earth that honored God.) The Life of Noah made God smile. Let's take a quick look at four key points of Noah's life and apply those lessons to our own life.

God Smiles when we love Him completely.
Noah Loved God his entire life. Genesis 6:9

God Smiles when we trust Him completely.
Noah had great Faith regarding rain that he had never seen. Hebrews 11:7

God Smiles when we obey Him completely.
Noah built the boat and gathered the animals exactly to God's specifications. Genesis 6:22

God Smiles when we praise and thank Him continually.
The first thing Noah did after surviving the flood was to build an alter and thank God. Genesis 8:20

Sam's Personal Study Notes: I know I make God smile occasionally. But definitely as much as I would like to and definitely not as much he desires me to. I'm learning to love, trust, obey, praise and thank Him more each day. It's amazing how one word at the end of each key point really enhances and changes the meaning of the entire phrase.

Love God. Of course, I love God. But do I love God continually'...? Then why do I think negative thoughts toward others?

Trust God. Sure, I Trust God. But 'continually'...? Then why do I sometimes worry...?

Do I Thank and Praise God...? Yes, Lot's of times. But do I 'continually' give Thanks and Praise Him...? Even for my trials? Well, No.

What about obedience...? Well, this line of thinking is taking me along the same path as the other topics did. So I guess it's safe to say that there's still a lot of work for Sam Chadwell to do on the road to being more Christ-Like. We are All God's workmanship. And he's not finished working on us yet!

Dear Lord,

Thank You again for this study. It's revealing so much to me about myself. I pray that others are getting as much out of the 40 days of Purpose study as I am. Lord help me to do better. Help me to love You more, to trust You more, to obey You more and to always give thanks and praise in good times and bad. Thank You for the life of Noah as a brilliant example of all those attributes.

Lord Jesus, I Love you. I praise Your Name. And In Your Sweet, Holy Name I Pray, AMEN.




No comments: