Friday, October 22, 2004

How Do We See Our Life...? (PDL Day 5-6)

In order to save a few keystrokes the next few weeks I will from here on out use the term 'PDL' which is short for Purpose Driven Life.

Today I am combining lessons 5 and 6 because they are linked together in description of biblical life metaphors. The big questions are how do we see our lives...? How do we think others see our lives...? And most importantly: How does God see our lives...? The Lesson 5 in the PDL Series refers to 2 biblical metaphors that can be used to describe our lives... One is a 'Test'. The other is a 'Trust'. Lesson 6 reminds us that life is short and we don't have a whole lot of time here on earth.

Coach Sam's Personal Study Notes:

From reading lesson 5, I most definitely see life as a huge test and trust. I am constantly being faced with challenges, and temptations. Many challenges I bravely face and others I am an utter failure at and rely solely upon God's Holy Grace and Mercy to get me through. I am facing several huge challenges right now. I really don't want to go into details at this time, but let me just refer to them for now as thorns in the flesh. Right now I could use any extra prayer and encouragement you feel moved to minister my way...!

Lesson 6 reminds us that the test in lesson 5 is a 'timed' test. We only have a certain amount of time to get life right. I could and may expound more on that thought later but right now I am short of time and need to close here.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Jesus You are My Rock. My Savior and Redeemer. My Deliverer. My Ever-Present Help in Time of Need. You are my Comforter. My Source of Strength. Lord, I need You Now.

Send Your Holy Spirit to me daily to renew me as I am drained constantly withstanding the fiery attacks of the Evil One. Lord You know my needs and my intimate prayer requests. Lift me up, Lord. Lift up my loved ones. Give us strength and courage and perseverance to keep on carrying on. To fight the Good Fight.

Oh Jesus, You died for me and my sins. I know that You wouldn't have gone through all that just to abandon me in my moment of need. I claim the promise that You will never leave me nor forsake me. And that You will never give me more burden than I can handle. Thank You Father for those promises. I claim victory over my troubles, my thorns. I rest in You, My Lord.

I love You Lord and I give this day to You. Guide me safely on my journey to Clear Lake today and then safely home again this evening. Lift up my sweet wife today, Lord. Restore her. Give Her your strength and courage, too. Father, let us positively impact all who cross our path today.

I pray these things in Jesus' name, AMEN.

No comments: