Thursday, October 21, 2004

We are Made To Last Forever...!

Today is Day Four of the Purpose Driven Life Series. The lesson is very significant. The Point to Ponder is:

There is more to life than just the here and now.

There are several significant scripture verses to get you (us)thinking:

'...This world is not our home; we are looking forward to our everlasting home in heaven...' Hebrews 13:14

'...When this tent we live in..(our body here on earth).. is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a house he himself has made, which will last forever... 2 Corinthians 5:1

These verses clearly indicate that there is more in store for us than this life on earth.

Coach Sam's Personal Study Notes:

Our souls are eternal. Even though our body will physically wear out, our soul will continue on. In what manner the soul continues on is up to how we lived our life today. Our lives today are just 'practice' for what we'll be doing in heaven later on.

When I was younger I was always afraid of death. I'm not any more. I do have a peace about me in that regard. Even though I'll miss my loved ones here on earth I know that one day we'll all be reunited in heaven. And I guess that's the start to figuring out my purpose. If I really love someone and I know that they're lost, isn't it my duty and obligation to share the Gospel with them in some manner...? -At all costs?

For instance, I lost my Mom tragically four years ago and my Dad six months after that. They knew of God. I guess you could say that they were religeous, but they were brought up in a faith that did not teach the plan of salvation. They were members of a very popular religeon that stressed good works and sacraments to get to heaven instead of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I tried hard to witness to my mom, but was unsuccessful in reaching her. Sadly, my Dad and I were just not close enough to discuss the subject before he died.

Then I flash back to a comment a fellow band member brought up at a small group meeting a few weeks ago. 'Who is going to be in heaven because of me, my witness, or the way I lived my life as an example?'

I loved my parents but can't say that I did absolutely everything I could have to win them to Christ. -That's sort of haunting to me, now. Something that is difficult to forgive myself, for... I know that God loves me and forgives me, and I can't go back and change the past, but I can certainly do better from here on out.

Dear Heavenly Father,

What a Powerful, Wonderful God You are. You are Forever and You made us for Eternity in Your image. I am awed in Your presence, Lord. Lord, Thank You for Eternity. The promise of Eternity dictates that I must live my life a certain way. I fully embrace Your promise of Eternity. I am happy and delighted to live for You. Lord, I long to tell others about You. I want to impact souls for the Kingdom.

Father, help me reach all those within my sphere of influence. Help me to be transparent until there's no more me, only You.

Lord Jesus, You are such an Awesome Provider. Thank You for my blessings, both spiritual and material. Holy and Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, I bow down in adoration at the foot of Your Cross. I cast all my cares at your feet Lord. I just trust You to care for me. To love me. To meet my every need.

Lord, please continue to give me patience and grace to wait on You. Drive away the worry, the and the anxious thoughts. Lord, I will rest in You. And in Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: