Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Lesson Eight: A Purpose Driven Life

People were planned for God's pleasure.

'For You created everything, and it is for Your pleasure that they exist and were created'
Revelation 4:11

Bringing enjoyment to God, living for His pleasure, is the first purpose of a Christian's life. Fact: Anything We do to bring pleasure to God is called 'worship'. In the PDL, Rick Warren describes worship as multifaceted, like a diamond. While many consider worship to be music only, it is far more than that. Every part of a church service is an act of worship. To take it one step further, the act of the 'church experience' is not all there is to worship.

Worship is a lifestyle.

'Love the Lord with all your heart, with all your, mind, with all your soul, and with all your strength...' Matthew 22:37

Jesus called this the Greatest Commandment. This is Worship. In everything we do we must worship. With all our HEART we must worship. With all our Mind we must worship. With all our SOUL and STRENGTH we must WORSHIP GOD. With every fiber of our being we should offer worship to God.

Coach Sam's Personal Study Notes:

Not long ago a friend devoted an entire year to discipling me in the ways of Christ. He assigned me to do an application of those Verses in Matthew 22. It was during this study that I realized my Friend was applying Matt. 22:37 to his own life by spending time with me. I developed a much deeper understanding of worship in that study. I realized that worship wasn't a part of life. It is Life...! Everything we do should be worship. That's why I now work so hard at everything I do. Not that I wasn't working hard before. It's just that now what I do has so much more meaning. I feel like I'm doing it for the Lord. I'm not just a hard worker. I love God and I'm doing it for Him...! I'll never just 'exist' in life again. I'll never just go through the motions of a boring, mundane life. I've got Great Purpose, now.

It's God that makes it all possible, any way. Everything is of Him and For Him. Nothing is for me or of me. Its' all God working through me. And I recognize this and want to give God the honor and praise and worship at all times.

We were made for God's Pleasure. I truly believe that. And I want to please him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength!

Dear Heavenly Lord,

Father, it is my desire that I please You. My Creator, My Savior and Redeemer, I give this day to You. To Your Glory and Honor. Everything I do is to the best of my ability because I want to worship You with my personal best, Jesus. Over 2000 years ago You gave Your all, Your Best for me.

It took me awhile to figure that out. But now I'm living for You, Jesus. And I want my life to be a testimony of Your Love for me, and my love for You. Oh God, Thank You for Your Omnipotence, Your Omnipresence, Your Steadfast Love. Thank You for never leaving me, Jesus. Lord, You are so deserving of my worship and praise.

You are my Rock and Fortress. I rest in you Jesus. And In Your Precious Holy Name I Pray,

Amen.

No comments: