Friday, October 08, 2004

A Thankful Friday

I'd like to keep up a tradition of emphasizing Friday as a day of thanks and praise. So there will be no scripture study this morning.... Just Prayer.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Today I'm just counting my blessings. You have blessed me greatly, Lord. You are a Good and Kind, and Generous and Loving and Holy Father. -Just to know You and have the privilege of worshipping You is a great blessing. I'm Thankful for many things, but most of all, I'm Thankful for You, Lord. That You sent Your Son and He Freely chose to die on a wooden cross for my sins and the sins of the world. I just Thank You for that knowledge. I Thank You for how that forever changed the world. How that act gave true meaning to our lives. I Thank You that You have personally called me to live for You and Witness through the way I live my Life.

Lord, I was just visiting with my wife about this yesterday: We marvel at how You made everyone different. And how You put certain people together to be a team. (like us) We are both so Thankful that we have each other. We are Thankful for our differences and how they complement us. How my weaknesses are Monica's Strengths and vice -versa. We Love each other and we need each other and You have brought us together. Thank You and Praise You Oh Lord!

Father, I have good friends and family. Thank You, Lord. I have a job that I love and I feel fulfilled and I thank You that I can pay my bills with the fruits of my labor. I have health. I think most everyone takes that for granted until it is taken away from them. But Lord I acknowledge that I have none of this on account of Sam Chadwell. None of it is from Me, Lord. It's all You. Your Blessings. Everything is Yours. I am just a steward. A caretaker of Your Gifts.

My only request today, Lord is that You help me to become the best Steward of your gifts and blessings that I can be. Help me be the best Husband. Help me be the best Coach. Help me be the Best Brother to my brothers and sisters in You.

Father I come to You in complete humility this morning. I just Thank You Jesus for Your Love. Thank You for Your Tender Mercy and Compassion to forgive me my sins. I Praise and Worship You. And in Your Precious Son's Holy Name I pray. AMEN.

No comments: