Tuesday, October 19, 2004

You Are Not an Accident

Day One affirmed the existence of God. We learned that Our Life is not so much about us as it is developing our relationship with Our Creator and Savior Redeemer. Day Two's Theme affirms our existence as a deliberate act of God.

Coach Sam's Personal Study Notes: This lesson today reminds me of a chapter from one of my favorite books: Rich Mullins: An Arrow Pointing to Heaven, By James Bryan Smith.

Rich was a Christian Recording artist whose work and life had a profound effect on my walk with God and years after his passing in a tragic car accident he's still influencing me. In An Arrow Pointing to Heaven Rich is quoted extensively about his thoughts regarding his Family Heritage.

Rich said, '...If you look at the lives of people that you have come from you realize that if they had married anyone else, if they had moved anywhere else, if their life had been one iota different then You wouldn't be here right now...'

The bible is full of genealogies. Though we may find them dull, dry reading, they are there for a reason. The biblical writers knew something that we easily forget: That we are an ongoing process, and that we are dependent upon others for our existence. The blood of our great, great grandparents flows in our veins and part of them continues on in us.

Finally, one of my favorite scripture verses from day 2's lesson is Ephesians 1:4...
'...Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love.'

No, We are definitely Not an accident. You know, today's lesson really causes me to look at my Mom and dad in a different light. I often wondered why I was born into my family. My mom and dad were not 'normal' parents by many standards. They were often a source of discouragement and disappointment to me and although there's still a lot of my growing up and developmental years to understand, now I do understand more fully that it is all part of God's Divine Plan. And as I grow and experience life, then more understanding will be revealed to me.

Until then, I can rest in the fact that there is a God who designed me for a specific purpose and that I am no accident!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You God, For giving me Life on this earth. Thank You for Life Everlasting. Thank You for Revelation and Discovery. Oh Lord, You planned out everything for me. And Your WORD says You planned all things to work out for good to those who are called to Your purpose. Well, that's Me, Lord! Thank You for that Promise. I'm holding You to it!

And, no matter how dark or impossible things may seem. I know you are there. Sometimes You make it easy to feel your presence through the manifestation of Your blessings and sometimes You are hidden to cause and allow us to grow in our faith. Either way, You are there. And you promised to never forsake us or forget us. Father, Thank You for the reassurance that we are not an accident. Thank You for Your Love, for Your tender Mercy and Grace. Thank You for Your Ever-Presence.

Lord, You have blessed me so much. Yet, still I worry about things. But help me to be strong. Help me to have Faith that overcomes, that moves mountains. I don't even have mountains that need moving, just a few hills... Oh Lord, You are Good! You are Awesome! I love You, Father. I give this day to You, Lord.


I ask that You lift up my sweet wife who is struggling a bit here lately. She loves You, Lord. And she is such a blessing to me. Help me be the positive influence she needs. Season my words with wisdom, love, compassion, and encouragement. And not just for Monica, but all those who I encounter today.

But Lord, I do especially want to intercede on Monica's behalf today. Take her in Your arms and comfort her. Sweep away the feelings of anxiety. Give peace and direction to her life. Draw her into a closer relationship with You, Father. Show her Your will for her life. And Lord, give us both patience to wait on You. Because I know Lord, I know that this Purpose Driven Life series will reveal many new life changing TRUTHS to us.

Father, Thank You for hearing my Prayer. And I Pray these Things in Jesus' name, AMEN.

2 comments:

Monica Chadwell said...

thank you, honey. i love you.

Monica Chadwell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.