Monday, November 01, 2004

Let it Rain...!

Worhip Leader Michael W Smith sings one of my favorite songs: 'Let it Rain'... And that's just what it's doing this morning. Chances are that my morning and possibly my afternoon classes will be rained out today. Normally I would be upset with that, but I see the inclement weather as an excellent opportunity to get caught up on things here at the house, including my Purpose Driven Life Study.

I'll be posting more later this morning, but here's my morning prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for a bit of rain to slow me down and allow me to organize myself and get caught up on things. Lord Jesus, I want to Thank You also for blessing me financially for another month and allowing Monica and I to meet our obligations. I pray that we grow to be better stewards of the resources you provide us. You are an awesome Provider. Even when there is seemingly no way we're going to make it, then Your Blessings pour down like rain on us. I Praise You, Lord Jesus!

Father, I give this day to You. I will make it a very productive day in Your name, Lord. I may not see people on the tennis court today, but I pray that I can encouage and motive others through phone calls and emails. Season my words. Let me say just the right thing to make a difference in someone's life.

Lord, I know many people within my sphere of influence that are lost and many who are seeking. I want to influence these for You, Lord. I lift them up this morning. Lord prepare their hearts for You.

I'd like to lift up my Sister, Becky in New York. Today is her Birthday. I pray that today would be her spiritual birthday, too Lord. I pray that she would find a bible believing church and dedicate the rest of her life to You, Heavenly Father. And that the Holy Spirit would fall upon her and annoint her. Lord, I pray that her relationship with You will transform her family.

There are many requests out there. There's my Friend Todd. There's Lashon. There's Chuck. My Friend Doug just lost his Grandfather. My Friend Eddie is having some struggles. My Brother John... There's the upcoming election... Lord, there are far too many to list here, but you know what they are. You know my heart. You know the hearts of the Prayer Warriors. I pray that Your will be done in the lives of those seeking You. And I pray that those whose heart's door You are knocking on right now... I pray that they answer that door and that Your Glory be revealed to them. Again, Father I pray that I be used as an instrument to win and influence others for You.

Lord, I love You. I need You. I worship and Praise You. Thank You for hearing my Prayer. Thanks for being both an awesome God and an intimate friend. Father God, I pray these things in Your Son Jesus's name, AMEN.


No comments: