Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Prayer for the Election

Dear Heavenly Father,

Today a battle will be waged, Lord. I pray for Your will to be done in this up coming election. I pray that men and women with a biblical world view will win the election today. Lord Jesus, this land is in desperate need of healing. And Only You can restore us, Lord.

Father, I know many are praying to you right now for the same thing. Let our voices ring in one accord. I pray that voters will go out and vote for candidates who stand for the values you honor and cherish. Let's protect the unborn child. Let's preserve the sanctity of marriage as defined as a union between one man and one woman.

Lord, Thank You for allowing me to live in America, the land of Freedom. But don't allow that Freedom to destroy my way of life. Our founding fathers established this great country based on biblical principles that are now being trampled. There is a movement that is systematically removing You from every aspect of our public culture. Some don't even want Your name mentioned in our Pledge of allegiance...! In the immortal words of Patrick Henry: 'Forbid It, Almighty God...!'

Father I pray that Christians vote today. That we make a huge difference in the outcome of this election. Lord, let this be a revival across the land...! And may Your will be done.

Lord Jesus, I humbly come before You with this petition. And I Pray in Your Holy Name,

Amen.

No comments: