Monday, November 15, 2004

Prayer for the New Week

I've taken a few days off from journaling. I guess I've been in a big spiritual slump lately. But today in the words of the Apostle Paul: ' I press on toward the goal'. And what's my goal...? Well, to know God and serve Him better. To grow in the word. To be salt and light to the world. To Love the Lord God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength. That's my goal. And to Love my neighbor as much as I Love myself. That's a tall order, I know. But that's my prayer. For Me and for You.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I heard several sermons this weekend that reminded me of Your Omnipresence. You are everywhere, Lord. And of Your Omnipotence. You know everything. There's no way on heaven or earth to hide from You or to hide anything from You. Lord, as we start a new work week I ask for Grace. Forgive our trepasses, Lord. And help us to forgive others. Help us to forgive that rude service person and the discourtious driver. Help us to believe our brothers and sisters. Yes, let us be slow to anger and quick to forgive. Help us to be faithful to Your greatest commandments.

Oh Lord, You are most Holy. And so Worthy to be praised. Lord I know others echo my sentiments but now I speak only for myself. Father, I need You, Lord. I love you and just want to serve You better. Shield me from the enemy attacks. Father, lift me up. Help me to be an inspiration and encouragement to my wife and family and all I encounter this week. Season my words with the salt of life, Lord. Let Your Spirit reign in my heart. Fill me to overflowing with your abundant Grace and Love and tender Mercy.

Father God, Many thanks for my blessings. For my beautiful house... For mine and Monicas jobs... For Monica's Mom and Dad, and my brothers, sister and our friends. Lord thank You for all my tennis students. And Lord Thank You Most of All for the Gift of Salvation. Thank You for Jesus. Jesus died for me so that I might live. Lord, I want to live for you.

I dedicate my life to you, Lord. This day, this week, the rest of the year, and the years to come. They're all Yours, Lord. Father I humbly come before You and ask for Your continued blessings. In Jesus' Name I Pray, AMEN.

No comments: