Monday, November 08, 2004

Testimony Time...

I took the day off from blogging yesterday. But here I am again. Back in action bright and early...! I had intended to spend a good chunk of time reading the Purpose Driven Life and getting completely caught up on that study. Sadly, I got involved in other projects and never made it back to the computer. But I will get caught up on that today. I have a big gap in my schedule at Columbia Lakes this morning and I'm going to use that time very wisely..!

Today I encourage everyone reading this blog to take an inventory of his or her life. Are You struggling with time management issues...? Having trouble getting your priorities straight...? Do you feel you are connecting to Jesus Christ enough in prayer...?

These are issues that I'm dealing with. I listen to a good deal of teaching ministries every day. I'm doing a great job at filling my head with bible knowledge. But aside from my daily prayer to start the day, and praying before meals, and maybe a few other times here or there throughout the day, I don't think my payer life is where it should be. And remember, this blog is supposed to be primarily about prayer. I have to be authentic here. And I've got to reveal that I'm in a spiritual 'slump'. So today's prayer will be about renewal once again. And I ask dear readers that You pray for me, too.

Dear Lord, I realize that as I draw closer to You that I can and should expect more satanic attacks. -Especially against my thought life. That's where all the big spiritual battles are waged... -In our heads... But Praise You Jesus it is written that Greater is He (You) that is in Me than He (the evil one) that is in the world. Lord I know Your Spirit dwells inside my heart and inside the heart of everyone who has accepted You as their Savior.

Father You are the Great One. Able to Do all things. You spoke the universe into existence. You made this earth and all life on it. Thank You Father. Thank You for my Life. Thank You for the relationships in my life. Lord I have made a mess of some of them. At times I have even made a mess of my own life. I really struggle with 'busy-ness'. But Lord I give that problem to You. Turn it around. Turn it into a good thing. Allow me to stay busy with Kingdom Work.

Lord don't allow me to be preoccupied with making money. Help me to trust in You better. I know You'll meet the Chadwell Family needs. And I believe You'll meet our needs without me having to work so much. And I believe that You'll meet our needs with such abundance that we'll be able to touch lives around us with the surplus. Lord I don't see how it's going to happen but that's where I just let Faith kick in. You have met our needs in the past and I know will meet our needs again.

Father I pray for renewal this morning. I need more of You. More of your Grace and Mercy. I want to touch lives for You Lord, but I have to have my own life in order first, don't I...? I'm weak today, Dear Jesus. But I pray for You to make me strong. Lift Me Up, Father. Draw me close to You. Fill me up with Your Spirit so that I may pour myself into the lives of others. Lord, fill me to overflowing. Let me experience the Joy that comes from walking more closely with You.

Father God I love You. I give this day to You, Lord. I claim the Victory You Promised. Thank You hearing my prayer, my cry for help. I will rest in You. And in Jesus' Name I Pray.

No comments: