Friday, December 03, 2004

Friday... Day of Thanks TGIF

OK... I still need some major attitude adjustments here... I normally use Friday as a day to count my blessings. But today is overshadowed by the fact that I have eclipsed my heaviest weight in my life, ever...! 230.5 lbs...!

Seriously, I am thankful that I'm not living in a country where food is difficult to come by. And I have many, many, blessings to count.

But I want to take time today to just pray for weight loss... I can't go on like this....

Today will be a major fast. Followed by serious diet and exercise starting tomorrow...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You made all things. You made me in your image. Look at what I've done to myself...! Help me to lost this weight, Dear Lord. I want to be happy and healthy and for some reason I just eat too much. And I eat junk food. And I eat late at night. And I can hardly stay away from sweets.

But Jesus, I want to change. I used to be a finely tuned professional athlete. I want to return to my former physique before it's too late. I can only accomplish that with your help.

Lord, I am nothing without you. I need you. I need your blessings. Bless me Lord, Lift me up. Forgive me my trespasses, sweet Jesus.

Lord I know there are many others out there who suffer addiction to food as I do. Bless them, too. Lift them up.

Oh Lord, by Your Power and Might I WILL overcome my stomach...! I claim victory against over eating. Starting Today. This morning I am a Victor and not a Victim...!

Praise You and Thank You Jesus for giving me hope.

I give today to you. I give my life to you. Oh Lord, In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam, that is fantastic. 250 lbs!!! You should be proud of yourself. My name is Evan, and i'm 23 years old. I live in Ohio. You are a really strong person. You've inspired me to lose wieght too. Thank god for you sam, thatnk you so much for changing me. Sam, i hope the rest of your life goes well, and there are no hardships. May you always be in happiness,

Evan