Monday, December 20, 2004

Prayer of Christmas Thanks and Praise

Dear Heavenly Father,

Today I praise you Lord. Today I lift Your Name up. Father, I love You. Thank You for blessing me in so many wonderful ways. I live in America where there is so much plenty. I am aware that around the world things are not as good. And I have so many comforts. I have good health. I have a beautiful, sweet, and loving wife. I have a nice house, a good job that I actually enjoy.... I attend a nice church. I am so taken care of...!

And Lord I have the knowledge of You, and what your son did for all mankind. Thank you Lord for the miracle of Jesus coming down as a little baby so many years ago. That is the true reason for the season. Now that I have a baby of my own on the way I am even more sensitive to the Christmas story. That which I have previously taken for granted is now clearly evident to me. The miracle of Life. All life is precious. And Your life you freely gave away for us. Thank You, Jesus.

Lord, there are people dying in other countries around the world right now. I think about them and their families and all the lives that will be touched by death and it makes me sad. Father, I thank You that I am not in a third world country somewhere. And I am grateful for those who are abroad fighting for safety, security, and human rights... Bless them, Lord. Keep them safe. I pray they know you.

Father God, I pray that I do my part here in America to make this world a better place. However I am to do it, maybe just through an encouraging word, making a difference in the life of a troubled youth or adult. Perhaps through intercessory prayer, or perhaps by raising up the next generation to know right from wrong, to know YOU. Perhaps it's my son or daughter who will make the really significant impact on the world, I don't know. But I do know that I put my faith and trust and hope in You and Your Word, the bible. Lord, I give my life to You to make it what you will, my King.

Father I lay everything down at your feet. I am yours, Lord. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: