Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Thinking about New Year's

I read an article about new year's resolutions from a Christian's perspective. He said that about fifteen years ago he made a resolution to not make any more resolutions. The only resolutions he makes now are to ask God to help him accomplish his goals. And he doesn't limit them to the new year. It's just an everyday way of life for him.
I hadn't really pondered the implications of that before but when I stopped to think about it, all my resolutions in the past have been me trying to do something on my own through my own will power. Well this year will be different. I won't make any New Year's resolutions this year. At least none that I'm ignorant enough to try to accomplish on my own.
Dear Heavenly Father,
God are such a wonderful protector and provider. My life is in your hands. Sometimes I don't know how things will ever turn out for good, but somehow they always do. I trust You, Lord. I believe in You. Father, I give my troubles, my concerns, my prayer requests, my everything... I give all to You, Lord.
Divine Father, thank You for this year. 2004 has been an incredible year for Monica and I. Lord, I can't ask for anything more. You have abundantly provided and I know you will continue to provide. I have many to intercede for, Lord. And today I just want to remember and lift up all the poor victims in Southeast Asia. 40,000 deaths will affect countless lives. I pray for peace for the victims. I pray that many will come to you because of the tragic event.
Father God, I love You. I give this day to you. Lord, in Jesus' Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments: