Saturday, December 11, 2004

Weekend Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord the weekend is upon us. I've got a lite load today. I'm only teaching 4 hours this morning. I could have taught more Lord, but I'm listening to my body and it says to rest. This is rare for me, Lord. You've designed me to work hard and serve others Lord. To put my own needs and wants after the needs and wants of others. But this weekend I really have to retreat and rest up. I need to heal up physically. So please Lord, honor my rest. Let today be a non stressful, peaceful day of lessons and quality time spent with my sweet wife, Monica.

Bless my tennis lessons this morning. Help me to teach great classes and improve my students. Father I pray that if any of my students need ministering this morning that I would be discerning in all my thoughts and actions. I want to be a blessing to my students, Lord. They may have had a rough week at work or school but maybe their time spent with me this morning will be such a positive and uplifting experience this morning that it just cancels out all the negativeness they've faced in recent days.

I have a meeting with the General Manager of Columbia Lakes today, too Father. If it be your will Lord, Bless that meeting. So many positive things could come out of that meeting to discuss improvements of my tennis facility. I really want to make Columbia Lakes a great tennis club. It could mean so much to the surrounding community. It could impact many lives in a very positive way, Lord. I pray that you help me accomplish that.

Lord, I need to lay a few extra prayer requests at you feet this morning. I remember Jesse Phipps and his family as they continue to struggle with Jesse's illness. Bring healing to them, Lord. I pray for my friend in Africa that he know you better, Lord. That he continues to seek you and draw closer to you. Lord, I pray for my feet. Heal them, Lord. Help me lose this weight and take away all the pain I have that's associated from being too heavy. Lord, there's many other requests and you know what's on my heart. I just humbly lay these things at your feet. I give these problems to You, the great Problem Solver...!

Father, You are the Great One. You can do anything. You are in complete control. I know that You have great plans for me to do good things in this world. Keep up your work in me. Hasten it, oh Lord.

Lord Jesus, Thank you for allowing Monica to complete her art project last night. Help me to encourage her in just the right way to keep it up and be more and more productive in that area.

Lord Jesus, Just thank you for my life. I have a good life. Sometimes I don't understand the reason behind all the adversity I face at times, but Lord I'm learning to better just lean on you.

I love you Lord. I give this day to You, My King. I plan to serve you and glorify you forever and ever. Father, In Jesus' Name I pray, AMEN.

No comments: