Thursday, January 06, 2005

Busyness: It's a Sin...!

I was listening to Janet Paschel’s talk show on 100.7 FM radio yesterday. People were calling in with various questions about prayer and other spiritual matters.

Someone made the comment: If the Devil can’t make you sin, He’ll make you Busy…! I think that theory definitely applies to me. Although, I wouldn’t be so confident to say that I never sin, either. Unfortunately, I’m busy, AND a sinner…!

Being too busy keeps our focus off of God. One of the first journal entries I ever wrote about was regarding the topic of ‘Busyness’. Check it out by clicking HERE.

Believers of Jesus must protect themselves from the sin of ‘Busyness’. We have to be disciplined and carve out quiet time from our schedule every day. To live for Christ is to be mindful of Him and carry on a constant conversation with Him all day long.

Guard Your Self against being too busy for a close relationship with the Lord.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God, Creator of All, I’m still too busy. I don’t always make enough time for You. I don’t always stay connected to You. And it doesn’t take me long to realize that I’m straying from Your will. I am under constant conviction to slow down my life. I often feel your restraining hand on my restless spirit. Thank You Jesus, for loving me so much and going to the cross for my sins.

Help me to slow down, Lord. Help me to be a good steward of my time. Bless my schedule. Guide me to make good choices. Lord, I want to do everything I can to draw closer to You and be a blessing to my family and the world.

Is there someone for me to influence for the Kingdom today, Lord..? I am ready to do your will, Father. Lord, I give this day to You. I pray for your Blessings.

In Christ Jesus' Name I Pray, Amen.




No comments: