Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Year's Praise Report...!

I have been under the weather with a flu like virus since December 31. I am just about over it this morning. There's still just a trace of congestion in my chest today. I feel better than I have since New Year's Eve. Yea...!

So, the New Year is Here...! I didn't really make any New Year's Resolutions -Except One... To not try to do anything on my own this year. I plan to ask God to be a part of my every endeavor this year.

With God's help, I will lose weight and get down to my ideal weight for the first time in seven years!

With God's help, I will increase my income and pull my family out of debt and put us on the road to financial freedom.

With God's help, I will be the best husband to my wife: Loving her, protecting her, and inspiring her to be the best she can be.

With God's help, I will be the best daddy I can be to my upcoming child.

And with God's help I will positively impact others around me for the Kingdom of God.

I have always made New Years resolutions but I've never been mature enough in Christ to ask him to be at the center of them.

This Year I have placed my hopes, my dreams, and my trust in the Creator and Savior of the Universe. I have never gone into a new year with more confidence and enthusiasm...!

If You haven't thought about including God in your New Year's resolutions, that's ok... God doesn't mind if you go ahead and include him right this very second. There's no time like the present to draw closer to God...! He's knocking on your door right now through these words.

He's waiting on You.


Dear Heavenly Father,

How could my walk with you have been so shallow all these years? Is it the reminder of my age, the aches and pains, that are showing me my mortality? Is it the escalating world events? Is it the upcoming birth of my child? I suppose it's a combination of many, many things. But Jesus, Thank You for all my experiences, the good and the bad. All these events and happenings have molded and made me the man I am today.

Father God, I have drawn much closer to You in this past year. That is my Praise Report. But my prayer is that I want to have an even more personal relationship with You. And I want that for my wife and family, too. Lord, with your help we can accomplish anything. We can certainly read the bible through! We can certainly stabilize our financial situation. We can have peace, at least inner peace in our lives. And peace comes from knowing and walking with You, Dear Lord.

Dear Jesus, I love You. And in this being my first blog journal of the year, I Publicly give my Life today and every day to You, Lord. With Your help, by your Grace, I can do all things through You who strengthen me...!

In Your Sweet, Holy Name, Jesus Christ I pray,

AMEN

No comments: