Friday, January 14, 2005

Friday, Day of Thanks...!

I normally try to make Fridays my day to count my blessings. Haven't you heard the term 'Thank God it's Friday'...? Of course, it's good to praise and thank God continually, and I try to make that an every day habit, but I think God appreciates it that I try to set aside at least one day a week to just thank him only. No petition, just thanks and praise. While I try to keep a certain balance in my prayer life, I am consciously aware that I'm not just petitioning God all the time.

How would you like to have a relationship with someone who only asks for help all the time....? Certainly God wants to take care of us. He's got the whole world in his hands and he told us to never worry about stuff. We were instructed to ask and we shall receive. But I was always brought up to be polite. I was taught we are supposed to say, 'please' and 'thank you'....

Let's face it, God certainly deserves a pat on the back every now and then. After all, He did save the world...!


Lord God,

You are a mighty and wonderful God. I am in constant awe of this incredibly complex world and people you have created. I am blown away by the splendor and majesty of a beautiful sunrise and sunset. And look at all the many different people in the world, the races and cultures.... There are literally billions of people out there and no two are exactly alike. I think of the baby in my wife's womb and marvel at the creation of another life, different and set apart from every other life... Wow...! What an awesome God I serve.

Divine Master, Thank You Lord for my many blessings. I never tire of listing them. I have a loving wife, mother and father in law, I have an awesome sister, I have two brothers that I'm not as close to, but there's always hope that my brothers will have a change of heart. I know that because You can accomplish anything, God...!

I have a nice career that I really enjoy doing. What a blessing that is...! I have many kind, loving, supportive friends and I attend an awesome church...! Plus I live in America, the land of plenty that God shed his grace on...! I am blessed way beyond what I deserve. I realize that I have a lot of blessings the rest of the world does not.

And what is that familiar saying that to those who have been given much then much is expected of them..? Well, I thank God for all I have been given and hope to remain worthy of continued blessings. I'm ready, willing, and able to give back.

My Dear Heavenly Father,

Truly you Love Sam Chadwell. I have been given way more than I deserve. So today I have no petitions. Especially none for myself. (Except if I can selfishly ask to know you better...) But Lord I don't need anything but You.

Thanks for everything, Jesus. Especially going to the cross for my sins and the sins of the world. Because you died, I can live again.

Father God, I love You. I pledge my life to you. In your Son's Name Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

No comments: