Saturday, January 15, 2005

Small Group

Our Church doesn't have traditional 'Sunday school' We have what we call 'small group'. We get together on Friday evenings, have dinner at someone's home and discuss topics or study Christian books As a group, we just recently finished the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.

We are about to start a study of A W Tozer's 'The Attributes of God'. Last night was an introduction into the study. It was good to be back in group. Monica and I have missed group for over a month due to being sick , work, and travel. But we both agreed how important it is for us to try to make these groups as much as possible. It is just so encouraging to spend time in fellowship with other believers like that. We had prayer time after group that was especially moving.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for our time spent in small group last night. It was just what Monica and I needed. Lord, You always take care of our needs. You are such an awesome God...! Father today I just pray that my lessons go well. I pray that I inspire people today. I want to have a positive impact on all who I come in contact with today. I pray they see the You in me.

Lord, keep me alert and awake as I travel the roads this morning. I always seem to get drowsy by Friday and Saturday on the road. The end of the week always catches up with me. Help me know when to pull over for a short nap when it's necessary.

I pray that my sweet Monica has an awesome day today. And I lift her and the baby up to you, Lord. Jesus, I love You. And I give this day to you, Lord. In Your Name I Pray,

Amen.

No comments: