Monday, March 28, 2005

Prayer for Connor

My 12 year old stepson lost his father to a major heart attack this past Thursday evening. Monica and I are in Tennessee with him right now. His daddy's funeral is Tuesday at 11 AM. Poor Connor has been very brave and strong through it all. We've just been bathing him in love and prayer the entire time but it takes a lot of love and prayer to comfort this kind of loss.

I want to publicly lift him up today and ask that the Prayer Warriors remember Connor, especially over the next few days...

Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank You for Connor. He is such a fine young man. But he has gone through major adjustment in his life losing his father. I praise You and thank You that Connor's daddy had a strong personal relationship with you. And so does Connor. Lord, Connor has been strong in You. There is no question that You have been faithful to Connor.

Father, I just pray that The Holy Spirit continue to comfort Connor. And I also want to lift up Brian's family: his mom and dad, brothers, and aunts and uncles. I pray for healing for his family as they deal with the loss of their beloved son.

Father, strengthen Monica and myself as we make the adjustment of Connor coming to live with us. I'm an instant daddy now. I know that I'm up for the task or you wouldn't have presented me with it. Lord You know how much we love Connor. Just guide us and lead us, Lord. We only seek your will, Father.

Lord we know that promised You would work all things for good to those who are called to your purposes. I claim that promise now, Lord. And although it's difficult to see the 'good' right now, we just love and trust in You.

Lord Jesus, I love you. I give this day to you, Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: