Thursday, March 31, 2005

Prayer For Traveling Mercy

Monica, Connor and I hope to be on the road by this evening to head back to Texas. We're packing up Connor's belongings and making the 9 and 1/2 hour journey over two days. We'll be driving a U-Haul van and a rental car. The trip will probably take much more than 9 1/2 hours since the U-Haul won't be abel to go as fast as a normal car and with a 6 month pregnant woman there's a lot more bathroom breaks to take than normal...!

Connor is doing great. We're so proud of Him. I'd like to take this moment to thank all the prayer warriors who have lifted us up in prayer throughout the course of this journey. The support has been truly incredible. God is Good. We have been blessed tremendously throughout this ordeal by the body of Christ. We have felt such an outpouring of love from friends and family. It's really difficult to adequately express the sentiment.

Today I just ask for traveling mercy as we make our way back to Texas.


Dear Heavenly Father,

It has been quite a week. In just an instant many, many lives were changed forever. But Lord we will not despair. We know it will all work for Good. And You will sustain, guide, and protect us. I just pray Lord for a safe, quick journey back home to Texas. I pray that Connor's mind stay occupied on positive and good things. I pray that Connor stay strong in You and that Monica and I can continue building on the great spiritual foundation that Connor's father, Brian, began.

Lord, I recognize that my responsibilities have increased tremendously. And I know that you would not have presented this situation to us if Monica and I were not up to the task.

So Lord, While I ask for traveling mercy, I also thank You today for everything. Thank You for the life of Brian Copeland. Thank You for Connor. And thank you for all the tender blessings you have so lavishly heaped upon us. Lord, You are Good.

We Love You and just present this day to You, Lord. May everything we do and say today be to the Glory of Your Name, and the body of Christ.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen.

No comments: