Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Prayer For Terri and Her Family

The Terri Schiavo case is taking the national spotlight. It was on Good Morning America this morning. There is a lot of debate going back and forth. I can't believe that so many people are in such a hurry to end this woman's life, and the law seems to be on the side of dehydrating and starving her. It's Simply Barbaric...! This is adult- abortion...! Actually, it's worse than that. Abortion is bad enough, but it doesn't take weeks. I don't know what this world is coming to...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray for Terri today. I pray for her situation. Lord, Your intervention is desperately needed here. Hearts have to change. I pray that Christians don't just sit around and let this woman die. Lift up more activists. There has to be a bigger movement for Terri's life than there currently is....! There should not be all this debate while a person's life hangs in the balance.

Father God, I'm going to pray. I'm going to keep Terri's situation close to my heart. Show me if I can do more. And I pray today not only for Terri, but her husband who is this movement to end her life. I pray for the lawyers who are trying to have this woman killed. I pray for the judges making decisions in this case. Change their hearts, Lord. Life is precious. You died for our lives. You died for Terri. Don't allow her to die like this. Let there be life...!

And I think of the grief her family must be going through. Lift them up too, Lord. Let Your will be done, My Lord.

Father I just give this situation to You. The whole world is in Your hands. You are more than capable. I love You Lord. And I offer this day to you, for your glory. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: