Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Dear God, You win. I surrender....

Dear Heavenly Father,

I'm up at 3 :30 AM this morning trying to get all my work done today. Even starting at this hour I have such an overwhelming volume to complete that as it stands I still should have difficulty completing all my assigned tasks today.
Lord, I'm desperately trying to get caught up. What is wrong with me? What are you trying to show me? Could it be that I'm just going about my life all wrong...? Lord, I suppose need to prune some activities out of my life, but what?

There's just no way I can keep running at this pace much longer. Father, help me out of this jam. I just seek Your will, Lord. And how many times have I been here, Lord...? -Just asking for help in this one area and then I'll straighten up...? Lord I am not worthy to stand before you. But Father, by Your grace and mercy I do stand here and I do ask forgiveness.

Lord, I totally surrender to You. I'll lay everything down for You, Lord. I am your humble, lowly, servant. Father, I know that everything I have is from You. My very life is from You. My wealth, my family, my possessions, they are all Yours, Lord. And they are blessings from You. Thank You, Jesus. I know I've got it better than most of the rest of the world. I don't want any more. I just want to be faithful to You.

So here I am Lord, humbled by Your Majesty. I'm laying face first at Your cross. Lord, I'm just begging You to lift me up and guide me closer to You. I pray for peace this morning. I pray for patience. I pray for discipline to stay on task and complete my assignments. I pray for wisdom Lord, to make wise decisions for my family. Father God, apart from You I am nothing. I am just a weak, useless being. But in You I am powerful and can do all things through You who strengthens me. Thank You for that promise. Father, I want to be strong in You...!

Lord, Renew my heart, mind, and spirit. I want to one with You. Let my light shine brighter today than ever before. Let me be all about You and Your Kingdom today, Lord. Father, I love You. God, are an Awesome God. You are Mighty and Powerful. You know everything. You certainly know my heart, Lord. Show me what I need to do to be more like You. Help me to be a blessing to my family and all those around me.

Thank You Lord, for hearing my plea. Thank You that You loved the world so much that You sent Your son to die for my sins and the sins of the world. Oh Father, Thank You. Lord, I just rest in You. My God, My Savior, I am secure in You. I give this day to You, Lord. And by Your power and grace and mercy I will get everything done today. I will change my life today, Lord. I'll stop trying to do things on my own under my own power. I surrender, Lord. Help my to be obedient to Your word. Help me to be a good steward of my time, talent, and treasure. I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: