Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Prayer for Spiritual Discipline

I'd say that I'm in a bit of a rut spiritually. I periodically get like this. I'll allow the circumstance of the day, week, or season over rule my discipline. Right now I'm just suffering through a period of intense busy-ness. I have way too much on my plate and if I don't figure out a better way of doing things I'm going to fail God, myself, and my family.

I heard part of an Adrian Rogers sermon the other day and he stated that the average person spends the first half of their life sacrificing their health for their finances. Then they spend the second half of their life spending their finances to restore their health. I'm afraid that's the track I'm on. I definitely don't have the peace about me that I've had in the past. So what's different...? The pressure of growing a business...? The pressure of being a dad and a step dad...? Well, all those are factors... But I can't put my finger on it exactly.

All I know is that I can't figure it out on my own. I need Jesus. I need some spiritual discipline. I want to have my act together. And it's not going to happen by myself.

Lord God in Heaven,

Hear my cry this morning. I need You, Lord. I want to draw closer to You. I don't want to be wishy-washy any longer. I want to be on fire for You. Please Lord, give me a hunger and thirst for more of You. Don't allow my to be swayed by situations. Let me always do what's good and right and just and holy.

Divine Master I need Your wisdom as I make difficult decisions about my career, finances, and family. Lord, I seek Your Will in these matters. Reveal Yourself to me through the reading of scriptures. Help me to be a good leader to my family. Help me to be a good mentor to my step son Connor. Help me to be a good daddy to my baby son on the way.

Lord, my life is turning out way different than I ever thought it would. It's not a bad thing, just different from what I had in mind. Father I embrace my calling as a dad and step dad but Lord I can't be the best I can be with out You. Bless me Lord. Help me to be more disciplined in the study, understanding, and the application of your word.

Thank You Lord Jesus, Savior, God Almighty. You are Lord over Heaven and Earth and my personal Savior. I love you Lord. And I give this day to You.

In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.

No comments: