Monday, April 25, 2005

Prayer for Angleton High School

I learned yesterday that the principal at Angleton High School took his own life Friday night in a suicide. I'm not certain of all the details of the incident but I do know many Angleton High School students and faculty. Today I just want to lift up the family of the deceased and everyone in Angleton who is dealing with this tragedy, trying to make some sense of it all.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, it is so sad to hear news like I just posted in the preceding paragraph. My heart sank when I heard the news. I didn't know the gentleman who took his own life, but I do know that he had a mom and dad and probably a brother of sister, an aunt and uncle.... Surely there are immediate family who are now in a deep state of mourning. Father, I pray for this man's family and friends that they be lifted up and comforted in their time of need.

Father, I also know many Angleton young people. I pray that they learn a valuable lesson from all this. I pray that they understand that this man's decision was the wrong one.

He effected a permanent solution to what was most likely only a temporary problem.

No, Suicide is NOT the way. It is NEVER the Way. Taking away life is wrong. Lord, I pray that incident changes lives forever in a positive way. One that says "Hey, Don't go Here." This incident will no doubt open the door to many conversations about death and eternity. Perhaps this will bring someone to the Lord. That is my prayer today.

Lord, I pray for everyone all over the world who is dealing with a difficult situation right now and they think their best option is suicide. Send a friend or colleague or family member to intervene. I pray for Life Today, Lord. I pray for Your Will to be done in the aftermath of this tragic event. I pray for Your Divine Comfort and Counsel.

Lord, Be with Us.

In Jesus' Name I Pray,

Amen.

No comments: