Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Praying to know God's Will: The Series

OK, I'm back to my series on knowing God's Will. In my first installment last week I highlighted the First of seven questions that Dr Charles Stanley says we should ask ourselves to make sure that we are in God's Will for our Life.

The first question was to ask ourselves is our decision or action taken consistent with the bible...?

The second question is to ask yourself if this is a wise decision...?

Dr Stanley says to answer this question you must ask yourself several others: What are the future consequences? Am I rushing in to something? Where is this going to take me? Will it create debt? Will it harm anyone?

As you ask these questions the Holy Spirit will bear witness to your spirit whether moving ahead is right or wrong. But you must answer these questions honestly because Satan wants to help program your mind so that you will rationalize and conclude that what you want to do is ok.

A third question to ask yourself is this: Can I Honestly Ask God to Enable Me To Achieve This..?

Some people will tell you that it is ok to ask God for anything, but that is not the case. For example, even if you need money badly you can not ask God to permit a deceptive or fraudulent scheme. Remember: Anything you acquire outside of God's will sooner or later turns to ashes.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come to You this morning seeking Your Will as always. Help me to know Your Will, Father. Help me to slow down and have quiet time so I can hear Your still, small voice. Lord, You have blessed me in so many ways and I am eternally grateful. But the one thing I seek Lord is to Know You more intimately. Help me to discipline myself to study Your Word more. Make a quick work in me, Lord.

Protect and shield me from the snares of the enemy. Bless my family and my work. Use me to be a blessing to others Lord. Help open my eyes to clearly see the circumstances before me and act in a Godly manner at all times.

Lord let my witness for You be strong, for I never really know who's watching.

Father God I just Love You. I pledge my life to You, Lord. I will honor and serve You, My King. I give this day to You, Lord. I pray that I am a good steward of my time today. By Your Power and Might I will dive into this day with supernatural energy and stay focused on task all day.

I pray for my tennis students, today Lord. Many of them are competing at their school regional tournaments today. Lift them up Lord. Keep them safe, healthy, and injury free. Bless my lessons today, too Lord. Allow me to make a difference in someone's life this afternoon.

Lord Jesus Bless my wife as she goes for a Doctor's appointment today. I pray that all is well with Monica and the Baby. I also lift up my stepson Connor this morning, Lord. He seems to be doing fine coping with the loss of his daddy but I just ask that You continue to guard and protect his tender little heart, Lord. Help me endeavor to fill his daddy's shoes and to be a spiritual leader to my family.

Lord Jesus I have many more special requests, intercessions for others... But Lord they are too numerous to list here this morning. But You know my heart Lord. Please Lord bless my Friends and their needs.

Lord Jesus, In Your Holy Name I Pray, AMEN.

No comments: