Saturday, April 16, 2005

Prayer for Marketing My Tournament

I don't normally pray about tennis issues. Maybe I should since my life revolves around tennis so often. You know, more and more I look at coaching and providing tennis services more as a ministry than a vocation. Well, I suppose it's both. Today is the deadline for my tournament in Columbia Lakes. I could really use some more entrants. I'd like to at least double the current turnout if not triple it. That doesn't seem humanly possible, but I won't limit God in this. He's been so faithful to me all my life, I believe that any thing is possible.

But what ever the turn out, I just pray today for a good event. An event in which all the players get good matches and have fun. I pray for no disputes or disagreements. I pray that the weather and scheduling go smoothly. I just pray that my personal interaction with everyone is such that they see Jesus in Me.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You are such an Awesome God. You know everything. You can do anything. Father I hope for many more tournament entries to come in today, but Lord whatever happens I'll be content with that and will give my utmost to produce the best tournament I can.

Father, I ask that you season my words today as I call people to invite them to play in my tournament. Help me to be persuasive. Help me to be thorough in my calling. Help me to communicate clearly. Lord this community needs a good tennis tournament. Tennis is such a good and wholesome activity. If more people were hooked on tennis then they wouldn't be hooked on other things that aren't nearly as healthy for them.

I'm just trying to build a nice program that will impact lives for years to come. And it all starts with this tournament. Father, I can't do it with ot You. I wouldn't dream of trying to undertake a project of this magnatude without giving it to You in prayer.

Dear Lord, I just ask that You help me to make the most of this opportunity.

I give You all the honor and Glory. Nothing good that happens comes from me. It is all coming from You working in and through me. Lord, I do pray that I never get puffed up with pride. Let me always operate in humility, Lord. And Father, protect me from those who might try to bring me down with harsh words and criticism. Help me to always deal with my detractors with Grace, Mercy, and Wisdom.

Father whatever the outcome of my quest to increase attendence, I will be faithful to You. I just pray that Your Will be done in this matter. I love You, Lord. I give all the praise to You. Thank You Lord for this day. Thank You for my health. Thank You and Praise You for my family whom I love and cherish. Thank You for Columbia Lakes, Lord. And all it's staff and residents. I pray that interaction with me is a blessing to them. I just want to honor You in all my endeavors, Lord. And I humble ask this in Jesus Holy Name, Amen...!

No comments: