Monday, April 18, 2005

Prayer to Spend Time Wisely.

I've got another very full week ahead of me... Today and tomorrow are especially crucial to the success of a good weekend. Then, after this week is over I absolutely must get some sanity in my schedule and life. Time is the greatest commodity a person has. And to waste time is a great sin. We just don't know exactly how much time each of us has. These very will could be my last minutes on earth. Then again I still might have 25 years or more left.

The fact is, no one knows the exact hour that their life span will come to a conclusion. All I know is that I want to spend every moment in worthwhile pursuits.

I want to spend my time doing things that honor my Lord and Savior. I want to spend time in Love with my family and friends and in service to the body of Christ. I want to spend my time being a witness to the Kingdom of God.

Dear Lord,

I Love You, Lord.

I need You, Jesus.

Father, Help me to budget my time wisely. Help me to always pursue Your will and to never waste my time in foolish worldly activities.

Let me not spend time in anger. Guard me from wasting time in worry, Lord. For you will supply all of our needs. For Truly, if we are Your children, we shall not want. Lord, help budget my time to allow for more rest. Allow my sleep to always be peaceful.

Finally Lord, help me to be wise in saying No sometimes. Probably my greatest downfall is my inability to decline opportunities that would needlessly take up time that would be better spent in other areas.

Especially now with a wife and two children, my time is most certainly not my own. I have to juggle these 24 hours you've given me with great care. Because I do love You and worship You I want to honor You, Lord with every minute You've given me.

Thank You for this time today, Dear Lord. And Thank You for my Salvation. That's what it's all about, Father God. I praise and worship You, Lord. And I ask these things humbly in Jesus' Name.

Amen.

No comments: