Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Prayer for Busyness

I'm still struggling with too much to do and not enough time to do it in. Although I've been praying fervently for peace and to know the will of God in my time management issues I have to confess that I'm still struggling a bit.

I think the Enemy is really trying to hold me down on this one. So today I just take it to the Lord once again. No matter what happens I'm going to claim my quiet time. I'm going to claim my family time. I'm going to claim my exercise time. I'm going to take time to plan meals and eat healthily. I'm going to plan and take time to study the Word. And then with what ever time is left over I'll get my work done.

I may find that I just absolutely have to prune some unproductive areas of my life, but I'll let the Holy Spirit speak to my heart on that matter. In the mean time I'm just going to let God be the God of my life. I'm really going to surrender this time!


Lord God,

I cry out to You once again to help me manage my schedule. I want to know peace. I want to know accomplishment. It can't be Your will for my life that I rush around here and there and be weary and stressed all the time. Help me accomplish my tasks at hand and start a new life. -A truly surrendered life.

And I realize that being surrendered to You doesn't mean that I'll not have troubles. But I do expect that I'll be able to face them with more poise and grace. Lord You always answer my prayers. Thank You for being such a great big God. Thank You for loving Your children and providing for them.

Father, I've been praying about this for some time. And I know that if I keep doing the same things I've been doing then I should expect the same results I've been getting, right...? Help me to do things differently so I get different results. Help me with living the disciplined life I need to live.

I need to set that example for Connor, Monica, and others who look to me as a leader and role model. And most of all, I need to live a life that is God honoring. Lord You gave me this life, and I want to live it to Your Glory.

I love You Lord. And I just want to please You. I give my life to You Lord.

And In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments: