Thursday, May 12, 2005

Prayer for my Friends

I've been praying for myself enough lately. It's time to recognize some of my Friend's needs. I have two friends who have stressful family situations. Michael Downey just lost his mom last night and another Friend, Cindy Shremshock told me that her mom has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. I have a very special place in my heart for those who have to deal with the loss of a parent, especially a mom.

I loved my mom very much and had a very difficult time dealing with her sudden passing. All day today I will be lifting up the Downey and Shremshock families.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God thank You for parents, especially moms. This world would be in big trouble without moms. I have friends who are dealing with a loss or the possibility of a loss of their mom today and I want to lift them up to You, Lord. Give them Grace and Peace and understanding. Let this event be something that draws their families closer together. Let them draw close to You father, under the protection and shelter of your out-stretched wings.

Father, I remember My Mom and how much she meant to me and how her loss was so difficult for me. Please Lord, help Michael through this. Send You Holy Spirit to comfort him and his family in their time of need. Help Cindy to make wise choices and decisions in the days ahead as she contemplates moving back to Georgia to spend time with her mom in her last days.

Lord Bless these sweet families who mean so much to me. I lift them up to You today, Father.

In Jesus' Name I pray, AMEN.

No comments: