Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Wrapping Up Dr Stanleys' Study

It's taken me many weeks to complete this study but today I'm finally to the concluding concept in Dr Stanley's series on knowing God's will for your Life.

Here were the previous six questions or concepts we must consider when making a decision as recommended by Dr Stanley:

1. Is it consistent with the bible?
2. Is this a wise decision?
3. Can I honestly ask God to help me achieve this?
4. Do I have genuine peace abbot this?
5. Does this fit who I am as a follower of Jesus?
6. Does this fit God's over-all plan for my life?

And finally, after weeks of discussion (and interruption) is question number 7.

7. Will this decision honor God...?

Are you showing reverence or respect for the Heavenly Father by taking this course of action? Is it evident by my action that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior of my Life?

The world watches to see if Christians are hypocritical, so it is extremely important that we guard our walk. I find myself constantly asking myself question number seven. And surprisingly, most of the time I have to stop myself because I'm heading down the wrong path. Negative thoughts lead to negative actions, which often leads to negative consequences. (This sounds like the 'Dark Force' of Star Wars)

I would like to close with a direct quote from Dr Stanley: "If you are in the process of making a difficult decision and are frightened about the consequences, remember that you have entrusted your life to a loving heavenly Father who plans only the best, and provides only the best. You simply can not lose when you obey the will of God."

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for making Your will for our lives abundantly clear. We are to Love You, to Trust You, to strive to know You better and deepen our relationship with You. If we do those things You will make our paths straight. Lord I do Love You and I do want to walk closer with You every day. Thank You for Blessing me with Your Word. Thank You for blessing me with my family and friends. Thank You Lord for the Glorious Gift of Your Salvation...!

Father I ask that You enable my light to shine brightly. I want to be Your example. I want to be Your witness. I pray for the Holy Spirit to season my words and deeds to be salt and light to this world. I pray that I am a perfect example of a Godly man to my stepson, Connor. And that I love my wife as Christ Loved the Church.

Lord Jesus, I love You. I lift up Your name in Praise and Worship this morning. I give this day to You, Lord.

Amen.

No comments: