Sunday, June 26, 2005

No Second Chances

Today Dr Charles Stanley's sermon discussed what happens to us when we die. It is appointed that a man will die once and then he goes before God to be judged. Dr Stanley denounced Purgatory in particular. He said that a belief in Purgatory is unfounded because it is not mentioned in the bible and it puts the believer in bondage. Purgatory is a false Doctrine. There is no intermediary place. Christ died for our sins so that we might have everlasting life. If We believe in Him we will be saved. If we haven't placed our trust in Him before we die then it's too late. There are no second chances. After we die we will not get in to heaven if we haven't taken care of business in our life here on earth.

It is my heart's desire to Honor God in all I do, say, and think. Many times I fall short, especially in the area of my thought life. But Dr Stanley states that Christ's death on the cross was enough to atone for all of my sins. I say Amen to that...!

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the gift of everlasting life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Savior. I want to be a witness for You, Father. I Thank You for the leadership of Great Believers like Dr Stanley. Bless his ministry Lord as he continues to touch reach the world in Your Holy Name.

1 comment:

Monica Chadwell said...

Dr. Stanley also said that to believe in purgatory is to insult God. It would be to say that God's gift to us, salvation through His son, is less than perfect.

He also said that the idea of purgatory removes hope for God's people. It puts us in bondage for fear that we'll have to suffer for all of our sins on earth.

When Jesus died for us, all of our sins were forgiven. There's no need for anything more than Him to be saved, no need for purgatory.

Purgatory is simply unbiblical.