Friday, June 24, 2005

Thank God It's Friday

I've been setting Fridays aside as a day to count my blessings for some time now. Although I've definitely been taking some hits with my work schedule lately and haven't got enough good sleep regularly, I will not despair. In spite of minor set backs that occur here and there I know that I am truly blessed. So I try to catch myself when I start to get negative, or begin to dwell on some negative situation. Attitude really is everything. Occasionally one needs to vent a little emotion when circumstances mount, but with God in control of Your life there's really nothing to worry about at all. I have no fear or doubt. My God will provide and my God will sustain me.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I am so grateful for this life You have given me. I am most grateful for the free gift of salvation made possible by Your great sacrifice. Lord that blessing in itself is all man needs. But Praise You Lord for blessing me so much more than I need or deserve. Thank You for my calling as a Father and Mentor to Elijah and Connor. Thanks for the blessing of my sweet wife Monica. Praise You dear Lord for Judy and Arno who love me like a their own son.

I've got good health, a great career developing, three cats and a dog and a nice house...! Lord it's all because of You. I recognize that all good things come from above. So I have no petition today, Lord. I just want to walk a little closer with You today. I want to praise You with the way I live my life. I want every word that comes out of my mouth today to be edifying. I will keep all my thoughts be pure, Lord. I will dwell on the good and dismiss the negative.

I Love You and Praise You my King. In Jesus' Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments: