Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Who's Number One...?

The Bible Says to Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. When God was speaking to Moses regarding the Ten Commandments the first thing he said was that He was a Jealous God and that we were to have no other Gods before Him.

My Question today is Who or What is Your God. What's most important in Your Life...? You might say it's God in Heaven. But where is the majority of Your time spent? In the pursuit of God or the pursuit of money,things, relationships, or other stuff....?

That's my struggle today. Who's number one in my life...? Rich Mullins had a lyric in one of his songs that has always stuck with me and is appropriate to today's thought. 'The stuff of this world is competing for the allegiance I owe only to the giver of all good things...'

God Must be Number One...! Everything else that we might pursue comes from God anyway...

Dear Heavenly Father, I seek You this morning, Lord. I want You to the God of My Life. My Savior Redeemer, there is nothing and no one else above You. You are my King. You are Number One. Lord God I love You. And I give this day to You, Lord. I seek every opportunity to serve You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: