Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Testimony Time....

Today I'm taking another day off from tennis lessons. I want to spend a little extra time in the Word this morning, hang out with my family, and just chill out. We're still waiting on the baby. By the way, for those of you who haven't heard, we've decided on the name 'Elijah'. Monica and I both liked that name very much. We wanted him to have a biblical name and Elijah was one of the greatest of the old testament prophets. I've been reading the book of Kings a lot lately because I want to well versed on the story of Elijah. I'll do a study on Kings 1 and 2 very soon...

I'm already very much looking forward to reading and sharing the bible with our little one. Monica and I are going to read him stories from the bible even while he's an infant...! Our son will definitely know the Lord at a very young age. That's so different from how I was raised...! I knew about God, but never had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ until I was in College and I feel very cheated by my parents and all the adults around me growing up. Elijah is not going to grow up in a Godless environment!

At almost 40 years of age I've known the Lord for a little over 20 years. It will be 21 years in October....! My growth and Christian walk has certainly ebbed and flowed in the past 20 years. If I had an opportunity to walk with God from when I was a little boy who knows where I'd be right now...? I don't know... But I know that God has a perfect plan for me and this is it. I'm to be a daddy and a step daddy and pass on the knowledge I have and be a coach, mentor, and a friend to Connor and Elijah. God may have a few other tasks in store for me but I believe those have got to be the greatest tasks at hand. Everything else pales in comparison.

My life has taken some dramatic turns but the more twisty it gets, then the more I just trust in God.

God is Good.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I just love You and praise You today my King...! You are an awesome God. Wondrous and Mighty...! You are Lord of my life. Every breath I will be praising Your glorious name...!

Father God, thank You for giving me life. Thank You for bringing Monica and I together. And Thank You Dear Lord, for our sweet baby Elijah...! We will cherish him and bring him up in all Your ways.

Divine Master, I'm learning to not worry so much about difficulties. You have delivered me so many times I can't even count the number of times You have reversed negative situations and consequences, Lord. I will forever Praise You, My King.

I will live my life in honor of You, Jesus. I just want to make the best possible use of this precious life You have given me. I pray that You enable me to touch many hearts and influence many souls for Your Kingdom. Keep me humble, keep me meek. I want to be kind and gentle like You, My Lord and Savior.

Father I Love You. I offer this day to You. For Your Glory, For ever and Ever, and in Jesus' name I pray, Amen...!

No comments: