Monday, August 01, 2005

As I Was In The Delivery Room...

I did a whole lot of praying the day of Elijah's birth. Monica and I got to the delivery room a little after 5:30 AM. They induced labor around 7 AM and she had baby Elijah at 5:04 PM...! Up until the delivery Monica was in extreme pain. She was hurting very badly. I prayed constantly during that time. When Elijah was coming out Monica screamed some incredible screams. Right at that moment I wondered what it was like for Mary, the Mother of God when she delivered Jesus. Did Mary Scream...? Who cut the cord...? Who cleaned up the baby...? Did Joseph do that...? Baby Elijah Chadwell was born in the comfort of Memorial Herman Hospital... Baby Jesus was born in a stable....

How did Joseph feel..? What emotion was he experiencing...? Hmmm.... These are questions that make you think.

It was an incredible experience for me to see the birth of my son. I was scared, nervous, and didn't want to be there at first. I asked Monica what happened to the days when the daddys waited outside in the waiting room...? She said those were the 'olden days'...

Well, let me just say that I am glad I was there. It was truly a life changing experience...!

Dear Heavenly Father...

What a Mighty God You are... Thank You Jesus for the life of my Son, Elijah. What a blessing he is to Monica and I...! Every little experience is so precious. I see people in a different light now. Everyone was a little baby once. I see my own mom in a different light now. She went through pain with me... She nursed me.... She raised me the best she could. She made many sacrifices for me when I was a baby and while I was growing up...

Thank You Lord for making me a daddy. And Thanks for such as awesome Mom for Elijah... Monica is a wonderful mother...! I pray for my baby and my family this morning, Lord. Anoint us to be a Godly family, and a light to this dark and weary world.

I love You Lord. You have been so good to me. And I don't deserve a bit of that goodness. I am weak and wretched. I am nothing apart from you. I submit. I surrender. I only want to be a man of God and do Your will, My King. Bless me Lord. Bless this family.

I pray these things in Jesus' name. Amen

No comments: