Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Watch Out For Busy-Ness

I've got to be careful of overcrowding my plate again. I've struggled with doing too much for a long time. (years). By 'too much' I mean spending the majority of my time on things that don't really matter to the kingdom of God.

I especially want to pay attention to how I spend my time now that I have a little baby. I don't want to be like my dad was... It seemed he was off working all the time. He made a living for the family, but he had no quality of life. And I pretty much grew up without a dad... Is that a double, or a triple negative...?

I try to tell myself these are extraordinary circumstances, unusual times... (-And they are) But when I have to get up at 3 AM to get all my work done and I'm still stressed... Well I say that's a Satanic Attack...! -And to be avoided.

The Enemy loves to steal our Joy and Peace by making us too busy. We get so wrapped up in living that we forget the One who gave us Life...! And that's what Satan wants. Do any of you remember one of my first journal posts several years ago about 'Busyness'. The word 'B-U-S-Y' stands for Being Under Satan's Yoke. Ha... That's Me. But I don't want that to be me.

I truly believe that God has called me to be an intercessor for others. But I have not interceded much for anyone lately. -Too Busy...

What's happened here...? Where are my priorities?

How about this... God First... Others Second... Myself Last... That's the perspective I need to adopt once again...!

Dear Heavenly Father...

Lord, once again I find myself too busy. Help me escape that enemy's snare. I want to be focused and stay focused on You, Lord. Don't let me get bogged down in the details of life. Help me to manage my schedule better. Help me to say NO and not take on more work than I should. I just want to walk closely with You, Lord. I want to dive into Your word like I dive into a fiction novel.

Father God, You have entrusted me with so many precious gifts... I will not squander them. Help me to be the man of God You've called me to be, Help me to stand up for what is right and true and just at all times. Let me not miss witnessing opportunities. Let my whole life be about my walk with You, Jesus.

Lord, I will not give in to 'busy-ness' again...! The enemy will no longer triumph over me. I will hold my thoughts captive for You, Lord. I will watch my words and actions, too. I will stay focused on the Divine Prize... And I will lead my family along the Path of Righteousness...! There is no room for the Evil One in this House...!

I give this day to You Jesus...! I am fired up to influence the world for Your Kingdom. No, Busyness SHALL NOT Prevail Today...!

I love You Lord... And I am ever grateful for Your precious gifts... My life, my family, and the gift of Eternal Salvation. Praise You, Jesus...!

In Your Holy Name I Pray,

Amen.

No comments: