Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Call To Prayer

We absolutely must pray for those affected by Hurricane Katrina. This storm has left a tremendous wake of death and destruction. I'm not one much to watch the news but I do listen to the news highlights om the radio a lot. And last night I listened to the Dr Albert Mohler show on KKHT 100.7 FM RADIO. Dr Mohler's show was all about the Storm.

Check out
Dr Mohler's Blog by clicking here. He has written a good article explaining this storm from a Christian world view.

Let's pray about this. Pray for those who have suffered loss of friends, family, or possessions. Pray for those who are unsaved. This experience undoubtedly has many questioning if there is an eternity and what will happen to them in eternity.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I just want to acknowledge what a powerful, awesome God You are. What an omnipotent, omnipresent God You are. Lord we have witnessed an awesome display of weather in the past 48 hours. There has been much death and destruction. Father I pray to know Your will in all this.

Was this a judgment for some, a calling home for others? Was this to get some people's attention...? Was this an opportunity for believers to act as Your hands and feet...? I think it was all that and and probably a whole lot more.

One thing I know is that I've been called to prayer. And I pray that many others will join me. Father I pray blessings on those who have suffered physically from this devastating storm. I pray for those who may have lost everything they owned. At least they have their lives. And let their lives be turned to You, Lord.

Lord, I thank You that the Texas Gulf Coast was spared this devastation. I thank You for the good life that I have and my family enjoys. Lord regarding Hurricane Katrina I'm just going to let You be God. I give it to You, Father. Into your Holy Hands.

Lord I love You. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name. Amen

No comments: