Friday, August 26, 2005

Day of Thanks: TGIF

Well, it's Friday. I try to not petition on Fridays. Instead, I try to take the term 'Thank God it's Friday' to the next level and just count my blessings and stand in awe of our wonderful Lord and Savior. Today my son is one month and one day old. He is a healthy, happy boy...! That pretty much tops my list in the thanks department right now. Since the birth of baby Elijah my life has unequivocally changed for the better.

My wife Monica and I have been showered in prayer, gifts, and many selfless acts of service by my many tennis students and friends. The hand of God is has never been more apparent in our lives than most recently. Monica's sweet parents and my beloved sister Becky have been invaluable in their grace, love, and kindness and service this past month.
God has blessed my business tremendously with many new students this fall. Even the relationship with my younger brother is much improved. In fact, it's the best it's been in years...!
All I can say to all that is to God be the Glory...! Nothing I have or have done is of my own doing. It's all God. The moment I try to take credit for something is the moment that God may remove his blessings. Way back when I lived in the flesh I thought it was all about ME. It used to be the Sam Chadwell show. Now I know better.
God could have given me any life he wanted to. But he gave me this one. And boy am I grateful. The Love of God is deep, high, long, and wide...! Thank You for Your Unending, Enduring Love, Jesus.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord Jesus Thank You for Loving me and blessing my life the way You have. Thank You for Your Salvation, Lord. Nothing would matter right now if You hadn't died on that hill two thousand years ago. That is the most precious gift I have ever received.
And I recognize that this life You have given me comes with much responsibility. Thank You for trusting me with raising Connor and Elijah. Thank You for allowing me to Shepherd my family. Lord thank You for my sweet wife Monica who loves me and takes care of me as a good wife should. She's the BEST...!
Father, I do feel that I'm right in the center of Your Will for my Life. There's such peace in my life right now. Thank You Lord. You know I just want to serve You and be about Your business. Thank You for the gift of Prayer. Thank You for the gift of Encouragement.
Thank You for this Day, Lord. -Thank God it's Friday...!
Lord I love You. As Rich Mullins always said: You're an Awesome God...! And in Jesus' Holy Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments: