Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Is Prayer Your Steering Wheel...?

Originally when I started this blog it was devoted entirely to prayer and to just encouraging others to pray. Now it mostly alternates between intercessory prayer and my own spiritual thoughts which vary from day to day depending on my studies and the various sermons I listen to each day.

Today I saw a sign on a church marquee board that asked the poignant question:

Is prayer your steering wheel, or your spare tire...?

Wow...! Boy did that hit me right between the eyes...! We only use the spare tire on our vehicles when we have a flat. For me, that's not very often. I've only had one flat in the past 10 years. But I do use my steering wheel every time I get in my car.

Another way to look at it is this: We only use our spare tire when something goes wrong and we're stranded. Is that how we treat prayer...? Well, I definitely used to be like that. Once upon a time I only called upon God when I needed a favor. Now, I've learned to walk much closer than that. But still, there's always room for growth and improvement. We can always walk closer with God. And fervant, heartfelt prayer along with a close study of God's Word are the best means to get us into a closer relationship with HIM.

I'm very grateful to that church for it's message. I hope and pray that the message impacts many others to enter into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ .

Dear Lord,

Thank You Father for speaking to me today. You are an Awesome God who truly loves His children. Than You for Blessing Me, Lord.

Keep on giving me a hunger and thirst for more of You, Lord. Keep the messages and encouragement coming. I pray that my post this morning is a blessing and an encouragement to someone needing to hear from You today, Father. Someone I may not even know or have ever heard of.

Father God I love You. I give this day to You my King. Light my path. Show me the way. I am Your servant, Lord.

In Jesus' Name I Pray,

Amen

No comments: