Thursday, August 18, 2005

Prayer For My Family

Connor has a big day today. It's his first junior high football game...! Monica has been having some mysterious pain in her chest. Elijah has been a little cranky lately. Becky has been dealing with domestic issues from New York. My Younger Brother is having major career issues. My older brother Stan won't even communicate with the family any more.

Over all none of these are life and death issues. But these are my prayer requests non the less.

For myself, I need the Holy Spirit to breathe into me more discipline and a stronger desire to read and study the bible.

Dear Lord, I've been away too long from my devotional time. I'm sorry. I know that's not God-Honoring. I want to honor You in all I do and I know it's important to honor you with the first fruits of my finances and my time. With You help dear Lord I'll do better.

Today I want to seek Your forgiveness and lift up my family. Father I especially pray for those in my family who aren't saved. Let them come to know You, Lord.

Jesus, You have been so good to me. And I am just not worthy of Your blessings. But I gladly accept your gifts and will try harder to honor you.

I love You Lord, and I give my life to You. In Your Precious Holy Name I Pray...

Amen

No comments: