Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Prayer for My Family

Today I just want to lift up my family. I pray for Baby Elijah as he is 6 weeks old on Thursday. I pray for my sweet wife Monica. She works tirelessly to take care of us all. I pray for Connor my stepson. He just turned 13 and is dealing with all those things that teenagers deal with. He's at that awkward stage between being a kid and a young man. And I pray for myself. I'm just a man trying to stay in the middle of God's will for my life and my family's life.

Dear Lord,

You are an awesome God, a mighty God. You are a loving, tender Father. I praise You today, Jesus. Thank You for the blessing of my family. Thank You Lord that I don't have to go through this life alone. Lord, thank You for the blessing of being a care giver.

Father God, I just ask for strength for myself today. I ask for Courage to live the life You have called me to live in this dark world. Lord, You are my authority. I am under Your direction. Help me to be obedient in all things you have asked of me. Help me to be a good provider for my family. Help me to be a dynamic spiritual leader. Guard and protect us all from Satan's attack. The evil one will not prevail in this house. His fiery darts are blunted by Your impenetrable armor, Lord. And I clothe myself in that armor this morning, Lord.

Bless Monica today, Lord. Grant her rest. Enable Elijah to sleep for long periods today so that Monica can sleep, too. Lift up Connor today, Lord. I pray that he resist all temptation today. I pray that he develops a heart for service and that he consider the feelings of others more. Give him a heart of compassion, Lord.

Lord, I know I don't deserve these blessings. I am wretched. But You died for all of us. By Your Grace I am saved and am being transformed in Your image even at this very moment...! Thank You Lord for Your incomprehensible Love. I love You too, Lord. And I give this day to You, Father. Everything I do today is in Your name. I will give my best to You.

I pray these things in The name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen...!

1 comment:

Colette said...

Coach Sam,
I am grateful to you for sharing your pesonal prayers...it gives much encouragement to see strong, christian men. Congrats on the new baby and even though my children are not little anymore, I remember all too well the nights without sleep (would take them back at any time though). I also want to congratulate Houston on the awesome job they are doing with the evacuees. I am also a southern neighbor, from Georgia, (Augusta area), home of the "great" Masters golf tournament. We also have people flooding into our state even though some of our northern counties received extensive tornado damage from the storm. I hope we all can bring the love of Christ to those that have survived this horrific event. Please take a minute and visit me. Thanks again.
Colette