Thursday, October 20, 2005

Praise Report...!

Dear Prayer Warriors,

As many of you know, we have been in prayer lately regarding the purchase of a home much closer to where I spend the bulk of my time coaching. This move will eventually eliminate 14 hours of commuting a week...! As of this past Monday evening, we had been pretty much resigned to the fact that the one particular property that we were especially interested in was not what God had in store for us.

But what an awesome God we serve...! In a dramatic turn of events yesterday afternoon it looks like acquiring that property is very much a reality once again...! There are still a few details to iron out, but the major bumps in the road seem to be overcome.

I would like to sincerely thank all of you who have lifted this situation up in your prayers lately. Keep those prayers coming as we aim for a closing date of October 31, or sooner if possible.

I will keep you updated. Thanks again and may God Richly Bless You...!

Your Brother in Christ,

Coach Sam


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You never cease to amaze me. I guess that's why You are God. The big question for the past few years I've had for you is what is Your perfect will for my life...? I've always had my own personal will for my life but it's never seemed to line up with what You had in mind. For instance, it was never my intention to be a daddy, but You've honored me with a double portion blessing of becoming a father. And what a true blessing that is...! I can't imagine not being a daddy now. My life is irrevocably changed for the better (forever) because of Connor and Elijah. I can't believe how much my capacity to love has grown since April this year.

I know this home purchase is not completed yet, but it's looking more and more as if it will happen and that could only happen through You. I know that You are always at work in the lives of the faithful. And Your Power and Glory are clearly evident to my family and I...! God, You are an awesome God. And I give You all the Thanks, Praise, and Worship that is due to You: The King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. God, You are my personal savior. You are my Rock. My Redeemer.

Father God, I just continue to give this home purchase situation to You. I know that anything is possible with You, Lord. And I will witness that to the world.

Lord Jesus, I love You. You have already blessed me far beyond what I could ever have hoped for. Thank You for my family. What a joy it is to have a lovely, godly wife and two beautiful, healthy boys! But the family blessing doesn't stop there. I have gained an awesome mom and dad in Monica's parents. They have been nothing but a blessing and an inspiration to me since I married their daughter. I have a best friend in my sister, Becky. I have two brothers who I wish I was closer too, but I consider them a mission field for me and that in itself is a great opportunity and blessing.

Monica has many aunts and uncles and Connor has a huge family from his side of the family and they have welcomed me with open arms. Lord, as You know this extended family is planted all over Texas, California, New York, Utah, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, and beyond. We are all blessed to have each other. Thank You Lord for bringing us all together, for being the author and master planner of our lives. It's amazing how all these lives all over the country are connected and touching. Lord thank You for this family. God Bless it...!

And Lord, thank you for the way things are progressing with the purchase of this new home. We will make good use of this home and use it to raise up Godly children and provide hospitality and an authentic Christian witness to our family and the community we live and serve in.

Once again, I just give You thanks and Praise. And I offer you my Life to Your Service, Lord. And I pray this in Jesus' Name,

Amen.

No comments: