Friday, October 21, 2005

TGIF: Thank God It's Friday

Fridays are days that I try to kick back and just count my blessings. Even if I might have some urgent personal prayer requests I try to just be patient and let God be God on Fridays. I think about the apostle Paul a lot on Fridays. Paul was thankful even for his afflictions. He often wrote and preached about the fact that he had learned to be content in every situation. Now that's a mature spiritual life...!

I'm no where near the spiritual giant the Apostle Paul was... But I would have to say that he's one of my top biblical role models. One thing Paul and I do have in common is that we both like to write...! And we both love God! Anyway, I would like to start out this morning just thanking God for the life and witness of the apostle Paul.

And certainly rating high on my list of thanks and praise is the acquisition of this home in Columbia Lakes. It's looking more and more like it will become a reality. Moving closer to my work will mean such a tremendously different lifestyle for my family and I... That is a great and mighty blessing...!

Also on my list of thanks and praise has got to be my family. I have such an awesome family. My wife is a beautiful, Godly woman. My stepson Connor is turning into a fine young man, and baby Elijah just never ceases to amaze me. He is a joy beyond description.

My inlaws, Arno and Judy have been better to me than my own mom and dad. They are great role models to Monica and I in many ways as parents should be. I have an awesome sister who I love dearly and stay in touch with nearly every day...

And there's many more positive things going on in my life besides that, but hey... Isn't that enough? What an awesome life...! Truly, I am highly favored by God.

Of course, there's many aspects of my life that I would change in a heartbeat if only it were that easy, but it's not. And I know lots of people who have many good things going on their lives like myself, yet they're miserable. I can't say for sure, but I think people like that have 'heart' issues. I don't mean like heart attack, or anything like that. But, spiritual issues of the heart.

I am very thankful that God gave me the heart he did. I have the joy of the Lord in my heart. And the joy of the Lord is my strength. Like the apostle Paul, I am learning to be content. But I really and truly do have a great life. And I attribute that all to the Lord. Nothing I have is my own. Not even my life. I am just a steward of this life. God is the owner and the boss.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, I just declare Your Power and Might this morning. You are a Great Big God. You are God alone. There is no one greater.

Lord I thank You for the bible and great witnesses of the bible like the apostle Paul. His writings have stirred the hearts of many for centuries. Thank you for blessing us with Paul.

And Father, I am completely blown away and humbled at Your tender mercies and blessings in my life. I know to those who have been given much, then much is expected in return. Well, I want to return those blessings, Lord. I want to witness You to my family, friends, colleagues, students, and even strangers in a powerful way.

Lord Jesus, I stand in victory with You today over the evil one, Satan. Although he may have his way with this world for awhile, He shall not prevail against the gates of Heaven...!

I thank You most of all my king, for Your precious blood that was shed for my sins and the sins of this world. Because of You I am saved. I love You, Lord. And I give You thanks and praise.

I pray all this today in the Name of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. Amen.




No comments: