Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Still Making Tough Decisions

I've heard more than one person say that buying a house is the most stressful time in a person's life. I can't remember if those people were Christians or not. And that makes a big difference. Perspective is everything. If you look at life with a biblical world view it is a completely different picture from that of the secular world view.

Is it a sin to worry...? I think it is... The bible tells us on more than one occasion to NOT worry. And I'm trying my best to just faithfully put my trust in God. This is really a big test for me. You see, I come from a family of worriers. And I'm not blaming my mom and dad for the way they raised me, I'm just stating fact. My childhood years were not marked by placing faith in God regarding trials and decisions. And I think baggage from those growing up years does interfere with sound decision making. Dr Stanley reminded us this past Sunday that the Christian Believer has three Enemies: The World, The Flesh, and Satan. Here lately I feel like there has been a three pronged attack against my family. This has been spiritual warfare at it's bloodiest...! But Thank God and Praise God I am on the Victorious Team...!

Being a christian means having principles and standards different from the world. The simple question that must be filtered through decision making consistently is: Am I honoring God with the choice(s) I'm making...?

The bible speaks so much about finances. It speaks more about what we do with our money than just about any thing else. It came down to the final moments of our option period on the property at Columbia Lakes last night and I just did not feel 100% comfortable with the deal that was on the table, or the people we were dealing with.

Monica and I have been praying for clarity in all this and I think the Lord is telling us to put the purchase of this particular property on hold. -At least for now. It does seem like a 'dream-home' in many respects but there is also the potential for that dream to turn into a nightmare.

We have said continually that we are placing the situation in God's hands and that's where it is right now. I'm sure God has a better plan for us. Perhaps there's another property about to show itself that would be a better choice. Perhaps the sellers will come to us with a better deal if they really want to sell the property... All that remains to be seen. Meanwhile, We're going to focus on selling the property we're currently in. And of course, we're going to keep praying.

I want to thank all the prayer Warriors who read my posts every day and partner with me in intercessory prayer. I truly believe we are making a huge impact in the lives of each other and the world.

God Bless You.


Dear Heavenly Father,

You have spoken to our hearts in this particular matter. Thank You Lord for guiding our steps. We are still walking in faith since we really can't see what's on the horizon, but for the now the words are 'Patience' and 'Caution'... And we humbly yield to You, Our King.

Dear Lord I am considering some other options right now and I give those to You. Let Your Holy Spirit give me a sense of ease or dis-ease regarding these matters. Father God I just draw close to You in all this.

Lord I ask You to help me to not worry. Strengthen my Faith. I lay this all at Your feet. Everything I say and do I want it to be for Youe Glory, Lord. I know that You lead us safely to where You would have us be.

I love You Lord. You are so many things to me. You are a kind, gentle and caring Father. You are a True Friend. You Love Me. You Love my Soul. You have good things in store for me and my family. I rest in You, most holy Father.

And in Jesus' Name I pray,

Amen.

No comments: