Monday, October 10, 2005

Prayer For my Boys


Dear Heavenly Father, I want to lift up Connor and Elijah to you this morning. I am so grateful to have the responsibility of raising this young man and little baby. I pray that Monica and I always provide a stable, safe, Godly home for them. I want to constantly bathe them in healing, protective prayer. Guard these boys and keep them safe from the snares of the Enemy!!!

Connor has just turned 13, and Eljah is almost 10 weeks. That's quite a gap, Lord. And many times I don't know if I'm being a good parent or not. I just lean on You for guidance and direction. I know I need more patience with Connor. And patience doesn't just come naturally. It's a spiritual gift. I've always thought I had plenty of patience but I think I could use another portion at times. I'm just giving that area of my life to You, Lord.

I believe that being called to Fatherhood is a Sacred Trust and I want to Honor that Trust in all my words, thoughts and deeds. Father God, please help me to be a better parent. Help me raise up these boys to be all that they can be in You. Help me help them realize their potential. Help me to be the best daddy I can be. I want do my best for You, Lord. It's all about You, Jesus.

And I lift up my sweet wife today, too Lord. Thank You Father for bringing Monica and I together. I pray that I always provide inspiration and motivation to her to love and grow in You as well. I have been so blessed by my family. Thank You, Lord.

Father God, I love You. I can't believe what a tremendously awesome life You've given me. I want to show my gratitude by living as perfect a life I can in Your honor. I want to model you, Jesus. Let these boys always see the You in Me.

Lord, I give these boys to You today. Bless them Father. And I pray these blessing in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: