Friday, October 14, 2005

Thanks and Praise Friday

Fridays are days that I count my blessings. I try not to ask God for one single thing on Fridays.

I have to say that I am truly grateful for 40 years of life. I've only walked with God for the past 20 and it's been up and down, but I definitely know enough to know that I don't know much of anything.

I know that anything good that happens is not because of something I've done, but it's all about what God's already done or is currently doing in my life and the lives of Believers around the world. I'm happy and grateful to be celebrating my 40th birthday today. I'm sad that my mom (or dad) isn't around to share it with me. After all, that was a big day for them, as well...

I always used to like to call my mom on my birthday and acknowledge how much I loved her and how I recognized that I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her... I realize now that in a way, kids' birthdays are probably bigger days for the parents than for kids. I'm realizing this after being present for the amazing birth of my precious baby boy Elijah...

To be continued.... Please check back again...


POST SCRIPT 10/16/05: Unfortunately I never made it back to my blog on Friday... It's now Sunday and I'm sitting down catching up.... Let me go ahead and wrap up this entry with a prayer of thanks and praise:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God, thank You for an awesome birthday. You are so good and faithful and I am so very blessed. I love You Lord with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I pledge my life to being a witness to others. And I pray these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: