Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Trying A 'New' Approach To Prayer

Today I'm going to try to be still and listen.

I was reading a Pastor's blog late last night and he's starting a commentary on 'prayer', my favorite topic. I think lately I've been doing all the talking in my prayer life. It's high time I did some listening... My new approach is: 'Shut up, and listen...!'

More on that later...

Dear Lord,

I've been way too self-absorbed lately. And as usual, You've brought me to my knees. Well, I'm slowing down now. -I have no choice...!

Father, Without even realizing it many times I am off trying to do things under my own power and it just never works. I make mistakes. I stumble. I fall. But all so I can pick myself up and try again. I'm trying again, Father.

I was reading another commentary last night that pointed out that Jesus didn't use 'perfect' individuals. None of His disciples were experts in Jewish law. It is documented in particular how flawed Peter was and He ended up being the Leader of the disciples after Jesus went back to Heaven.

Lord, I know I'm not perfect. But I am here. And I want to be used by You. I am learning little by little to be still.

Thank You Father. I love You. You have blessed me way more than I need or deserve...! I am eternally in Your debt. I am eternally in Your service.

Help me be still. Help me be quiet and listen. I need Less and I need More. Less of me and more of YOU.

Father God, I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Danny Sims said...

Great prayer. I just prayed it. Thanks!